What questions do you have for Tyler Cowen?

To what extent is greed to blame for income inequality?

119 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Yote Anders commented  · 

Greed is to blame for a lot of our ills. those that have money use it to get special treatment preventing small companies from being able to grow. (example - American trucking association trying to get punitively expensive regulations passed that hamstring small trucking companies) What we need is government to have to follow the rules they make for us, and not be above the law, (insider trading anyone?) as well as finding a way to prevent companies from charging outrageous prices without resorting to price controls. ($100,000 to tow my truck 2 miles?)

• Graham Spriggs commented  · 

Following the announcement of the UK election I have got into a heavy debate with a colleague over the taxation applied to the "rich" and "poor". My colleague is all for taking the rich hard and redistributing income to the poor. I think this amounts to a tax on success and ascribe to some of the thoughts of Thomas Sowell in that income redistribution is problematic. Besides which I think defining what it is to be poor is as tricky as what it is to be rich. Any thoughts?

Feedback and Knowledge Base